Salesperson - Mercedes - Buick - GMC
Position Title: Salesperson
Reports to: Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Sells new or used automobiles, trucks, and vans on premises of vehicle sales establishment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets customer on sales floor and determines make, type, and quality of vehicle desired.
- Explains features and demonstrates operation of vehicle in showroom or on road.
- Suggests optional equipment for customer to purchase.
- Researches availability of models and optional equipment.
- Consults with Sales Manager when necessary; never allowing a customer to leave without first consulting with a Sales Manager.
- Works with the Sales Manager to compute and quote sales price, including tax, trade-in allowance, license fee, and discount, and requirements for financing payment of vehicle on credit.
- Prepares all related paperwork and applications (e.g., sales slip, credit application, etc.).
- Delivers new vehicle to customer. This process ensures that the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty and paperwork, and it lays the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Maintains a prospect development system.
- Remains knowledgeable of new products, features, accessories, etc.
- Attends sales meetings and training sessions (at various locations) as scheduled.
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Meets, or exceeds, written forecast and projected sales numbers.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, & Registration:
Current, valid, State Driver's License. Motor Vehicle Report which is acceptable to insurance carrier for coverage to operate company-owned and/or customer-owned vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.